The 11th Speech in Noise Workshop will take place on 10-11 January 2019, at the University of Ghent, Belgium.
All you need to know in one box
▸ On Thursday 10, registration will open at 8:30, meeting at 9:00. Poster session for even-numbered posters will be 15:00-17:30.
▸ On Friday 11, the meeting will end at 17:00. The poster session for odd-numbered posters will be 9:00-11:30.
▸ Poster format is A0 portrait.
Registration is now open!
The registration for the workshop is this year separate from the registration for the dinner. We are well aware that this is not the absolute most convenient thing because you'll have to enter your details on two separate websites... But, you should know it will be totally worth it (we know, we organised it).
Abstract submission for posters is closed
Along with a series of wonderful talks, what makes the bread and butter of SPIN are the contributed posters. The programme always allows for ample poster sessions where you can discuss your latest results at length. Poster dimension this year is A0 portrait.
Topic areas of this years’ meeting include (but not limited to): effects of hearing impairment on SPiN, model and machine-learning approaches to SPiN, objective correlates of SPiN, as well as development and language aspects in SPiN.
“Cochlear synaptopathy and speech-in-noise deficits in normal hearing listeners”
- Chris James, Cochlear France SAS, Toulouse, FR
- Anna Maria Alexandrou, Aalto University, FI and University of Trento, IT
- Enrique Lopez-Poveda, Salamanca University, ES
- Sabine Hochmuth/Anna Warzybok, Oldenburg University, DE
- Deepak Baby, Ghent University, BE
- Anna Exenberger, UCL, UK (2018 Collin Sherry Award Winner)
- Jonas Obleser, University of Lübeck, DE
- Maëva Garnier, Gipsa Lab, Grenoble, FR
- Richard Hendriks, TU Delft, NL
SPiN Satellite Event: ELobes2019
ELobes2019 - Optimising Binaural Hearing for Environment and Listener will take place on 12 January, 2019, in Het Pand, Ghent-Belgium.